How Much Does An Energy Efficient Home Save?
According to Smart Money magazine, a homeowner can expect to save approximately:
- $250 with compact fluorescent light bulbs
- $115 with better insulation
- $131 with a tankless water heater
What Features Does A “Green” Bill Beazley Home Come With?
- Energy Star rated Low-E double glazed vinyl windows
- Energy Star Programmable thermostat for potential 12-15 percent savings.
- R-30 insulation
- Insulated exterior doors
- SEER rating of 13 on air conditioner compressors
- AFUE rating of 80 on gas furnaces
- Sealed ductwork system with a minimum of R-8 insulation
- Caulking and sealing around windows, doors and baseboards
- Energy Star factor of .58 for 50 gallon water heaters and .60 for 40 gallon heaters
- Duct Blast and a Blower Door test to ensure there is no leakage of energy
- Water conservation plumbing faucets (2.2gpm) and shower heads (2.5gpm)
- Low flush toilets (1.6 gallons)
- Oriented strand board for roof and floor decking
- Kitchen hoods vented outside
- Manufactured support beams
- Wetlands and streams protected from construction erosion
- Strong emphasis on tree preservation
- Green Choice gas burner on the water heater (33 percent lower NO2 emissions)
- Environmentally beneficial brick exteriors
- Carpet made from recyclable yarn
- Low-VOC (volatile organic compounds) paints
- Pre-finished laminate hardwood (better use of natural resources).
(Green Features may vary by plan and neighborhood)
Why Choose A Semi-Custom Home In Georgia?
Bill Beazley’s homes are considered “semi-custom” because buyers get to choose from dozens of different layouts and personalize their homes by selecting paints, finishes, flooring, cabinetry and other key features. There are several benefits to opting for semi-custom, rather than fully custom (where you design everything with an architect).
- It’s Faster. A new Bill Beazley home could be ready in just 4-8 weeks.
- It’s Easier. The custom home building process requires so much decision making, it can be exhaustive to research and select every element that goes into a home! Instead, you can visit our design center to get inspired.
- It’s Cheaper. Did you know you can buy a semi-custom home for the same price as the existing homes on the market? Bill Beazley has refined the home building process down to a science, so it is quicker, easier and less expensive to build a home than ever before.
Looking at homes in Georgia for sale? Consider Bill Beazley! Call 706-863-4888 to schedule a tour!
All information herein deemed reliable, but may change without notice.