New homes have become increasingly popular over the last few years. Buyers have the ability to choose everything from square footage to number of rooms and much more. Deciding on preferences for your new home is one of the more exciting tasks that comes with your purchase. Here are some tips from Bill Beazley Homes that you can consider when choosing your home for entertaining friends and family.
An Open Concept Kitchen
- The kitchen is usually the most important part of a new home. It is where meals are made, memories are created, and can be a focal point for guests walking in. Formal kitchens and dining rooms have become an outdated design as they can make the space appear smaller and harder to navigate. The open concept is in now as it is easier for guests to congregate and access everything they need. It creates a minimalistic feel while still providing all of the necessities. Consider installing a large flat-top kitchen island with room for extra bar stools and a cleaner look for displaying food and drinks.
Outdoor Space Features
- Southern nights with great weather are some of the best times to bring everyone outside. Gas or traditional fire pits can be installed in the backyard for cool nights and great conversation.
- Outdoor kitchen spaces can make cookouts and happy hours much easier to prepare than the inside kitchen. Think about having an island and cabinets built around your grill for a great cooking space that is appealing to the eye.
- The hidden hero of any new built home is the guest room. Friends and family can be entertained all night, even after the party is over. Those visiting from out of town will have a hospitable place to stay as opposed to a generic hotel. One thought is a finished basement-apartment for guests to have their own place to stay with privacy.
- Convenience and fun are important when hosting in your home. Installing a wet bar between the kitchen and dining room creates a cluster-free area with easy access for guests. This is a great spot to store and display coffee and supplies as well as adult beverages for parties. You can add unique cabinet designs to complement the overall design of your home. Plumbing is a good option to consider in the wet bar as well, so you can have an extra sink for washing glasses and mugs.
Give these features a thought when considering your new Bill Beazley Home. Entertaining guests can bring so much happiness to them and you!