It may still feel like summer outside, but fall is quickly approaching. Starbucks released their popular Pumpkin Spice Latte this week, so to celebrate, here are a few ideas for transitioning out of your bright and bubbly summer decor and into a cozy, calm fall home.
- Start decorating on the outside with your front porch. Pumpkins are always a good go-to, and there is so much variety these days that you can still add a unique touch with a common decor item. Check your local craft store to see their selection of pumpkins or find some you can customize to your taste. They can be painted any color and you can even add your street number for an extra personal touch! The pumpkin possibilities are endless and will look great up through the holiday season.
- Custom wreaths are a huge trend right now as well, especially in the south. Think outside the box and consider some of your favorite colors when choosing ribbon to go in the wreath. It’s football season, too, and a beautiful wreath can be made with your team colors!
- The living room mantel is a focal point in the home and is often used for decorating. Choose fall accessories that complement your home in welcoming colors. This is another great spot to display pumpkins or even an autumn-themed piece of artwork.
- Lighting is an often underestimated statement that can be made seasonally. Look at your local lighting or craft stores for string lights with golden or red-hued bulbs for a cozy touch to a curtain panel. You can also find golden “Edison bulbs” for lamps you already have or the dining room chandelier. It sets the perfect mood for a warm cup of coffee or cider with friends and family!
- Swap out your throw pillows seasonally. Local markets and home stores sell a wide variety of decorative pillows that don’t break the bank. This is an easy way to add some fall flair in one of the main rooms of your home.
- Jazz up the dining room table with warm neutral tablecloths and a wood or pumpkin centerpiece. Some of the best meals are made in the fall and a refreshed table is sure to make your mealtime picture worthy!
- Think about wooden chairs and tables for the back porch. You can add some of the warm string lights here as well for those crisp autumn nights. A small bucket or storage ottoman with some plaid blankets would be the perfect touch for guests who need to stay warm.
While we don’t know how long it will be before the weather actually cools down, grab a pumpkin spice latte and have a fall decor party in your home!