20 Family Dinner Conversation Starters
Dec 12, 2019
We all know that family gatherings during the holidays can be overwhelming. Between extended family visiting from out of town and crowded homes, you might be too exhausted to hold a conversation with loved ones. To help you out, we’ve come up with 20 “table topics” to keep the gathering lively.
- What would you name a snowman?
- Where would you like to visit during the winter?
- In the summer, would you rather go camping and sleep in a tent or stay in a hotel?
- What would you like to do this winter that you’ve never done before?
- Would you rather go to the beach or play in the snow?
- Have kids tell everyone how they think their parents met.
- What was the best thing about your day?
- What was the worst thing about your day?
- Name 3 foods you will never eat.
- What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
- Describe the person sitting to your right or left in 3 words.
- What is your greatest strength?
- What habit would you most like to break?
- What is something you’d like to start?
- Think about who you respect the most. What is it about them that you respect?
- What do you do to get yourself out of a bad mood?
- What are your goals for next year?
- If you could be famous for one thing, what would it be and why?
- If you could meet any one U.S. President, who would it be and why?
- What is one of your earliest memories?
Frequent family dinners are one of the most important factors in developing a child’s vocabulary. This is why table topics are important! Whether you are getting to know extended family members better or trying to keep younger kids off of their phones and tablets, sparking a good conversation around the table is the perfect solution. You’ll make memories in the process and have a new tradition for special family dinners.